Thursday, August 12, 2010

We arrived home (Fort McMurray home) after being away for 5 weeks this summer.  We spent 2.5 weeks with my family in Saint John and 2.5 weeks with Chris' family in Halifax.  We had a fantastic time, did tons of exciting things, however it was TOO long.  Owen got home sick the first week in Halifax.  He kept saying "I want to go home to my house."  It was quite sad actually.  Toward the end of the trip I think we both were regretting our decision to fly out of Edmonton instead of Fort Mac.  We flew in at 1pm and decided to make the 4.5 hour drive home.  We were all very happy to see our house that night!  So currently we are adjusting to a) the time difference (3 hours) and b) Owen and Griffin not being the center of everyone's world.  We have had a few "bratty" moments which have not been pleasant, however I think slowly we are getting back on track.
This morning we had a playdate with our friends the Bosches. Faulkers, and Chellews.  Then this afternoon there was some lazyness going on as the boys napped and we chilled.

***funny child moment of the day***
I was bathing Griffin and Owen said he wanted to get in and help me.  So Chris stripped him down and he got ready to get in.  At this point I'm tired and impatient, Owen stands on the toilet seat looking into the tub, I said "are you getting in or not" and his response "Let me think about it!" as he taps his index finger against his chin and clucks as if it were the jeopardy song, LOL.  Ah that kid can crack me up.


Now that we are home Griff is eating like a pro :)  He apparently needs to be in a real highchair to eat solid foods.  We tried out carrots today, he ate them but they weren't his favs.  So far his favorites are wax beans, butternut squash and yogurt :)

Now the kids are in bed, supper dishes are done, I'm going to watch Big Brother, night!


Captain Owen- on Theodore Tugboat
Griffin
Gone Country
Back in Alberta, Thank god I'm a country boy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment