Monday, August 23, 2010

And the good times come to an end....

I'm kind of in mixed emotions right now.  I have loved my time off with the kids (well most of the time, there have been a few moments I would like to re-do) but I do miss getting out of the house everyday and talking to other adults.  Honestly, while on mat leave (both times) I could feel my IQ diminishing.  I seriously think I got "stupider".  So here we are on the eve of back to work.  The kids don't return until next Monday, and the schedule seems pretty ok for this week (don't have to be there until 8:30), but I do have a lot of work ahead of me in my classroom.  I packed everything up in December, now I'm going to have to unpack it all and set up. 
So on one hand I am sad to be leaving the kids but I honestly think it is the best for all of us.  Owen adores daycare and is the type of kid who really needs a solid routine.  He has started calling Brenda his "teacher" which is so cute.  I think Griffin is going to love the attention of all the kids.....

So there it is.... back to work, more pros than cons.

The kids are doing great.  Griffin has slept through the night (feeding around 11, again around 6ish) for the last 2 nights and we are hoping this is a habit, not a fluke!  Owen is back on the potty train, have not had any accidents since the night we stuck Griffin's diaper on him.  He is now trying to assert some independence and go on his own.  Not doing too bad actually.


Well that's it for tonight :)
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment