Monday, August 30, 2010

All in good fun....

We I survived :)  One almost full week back to work, last week was almost blissful.  I got to enjoy some quiet alone time with my pop music in my classroom getting set up, unpacking and planning.  Someone asked me on Friday if I found it hard being away from the kids.... I quickly answered NO!  lol, with Chris also being a teacher, I have not been alone other than in the bathroom for approximately 2 months.  I was in heaven being alone in my classroom for hours on end last week!  Thankfully we have a fantastic day care provider whom Owen ADORES!  He has settled back in as if he hadn't been gone at all (not a single time out or accident last week!) and Griffin seems to be as relaxed, comfortable and as in love with Brenda's house as his big brother.  Both are extremely happy to be there.
I have also survived the first day with my new class :)  They seem quite chatty, but not too bad.  I think it is going to be a struggle to "tame" them, but not impossible.  Someone was looking out for me because I seem to have gotten a lot of the "good" ones :)  Tonight I am pretty exhausted and will be hitting the hay early!  Might even forgo the Bachelor Pad for my pillow ;)


So tonight I head over to the grocery store quickly to pick up some mascara (I seem to have forgotten mine at mom's house and apparently it is really bad for your eyes to use 2 year old stuff, lol) and booster juice for Chris and I (only 3 points and SOOOOO yummy!).  When I left Griffin was sleeping (or so I thought) and Owen was in bed, in wind down mode (where he lays in bed talking to himself or playing for about 20 minutes before finally falling asleep).  I was gone for no longer than 20 minutes I swear!  Apparently Owen was calling something to Chris and Chris thought he was just playing.  Finally he goes up to see what it is he wants and Owen had been trying to tell he was pooping.  It was all down his leg, everywhere.  Also, apparently, while in wind down mode, Owen had completely destroyed his room.  There were toys every where, he threw clothes around that were in a box to go to the basement (Griffin's latest out grows), and dumped baby powder all over EVERYTHING, including his BROTHER!!!!! Chris says Griffin was on his belly in his crib looking up and laughing.  Apparently he thought it was HILARIOUS to be powdered by his big brother!  Griffin was covered, his hair was white, jammies covered, even his aquarium was covered.  Anyone know how to get baby powder out of switches?  When asked why he covered his brother in powder, Owen responded with "I wanted him gone" hmmmm.....this is new.  I sure hope we don't have some sibling rivalry going on and it was just innocent fun or Owen wanting to "help" get Griff ready for bed.  And boy look out, we can already tell they are going to be a pair in the future.  I don't think I was far off with the monkey's hanging on the tree on their wall! 

I guess all I can say, is at least it wasn't poop Griffin was covered in.....

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment